Thursday, December 20, 2007

Many successes

My KSP buddy Sonia Helbig has won second prize in the fourth quarter of the Writers of the Future Contest. Huge congrats to Sonia. Another friend, Ian McHugh, has also won a prize in the third quarter of the same contest. Ian used to be a member of KSP, but now lives in Canberra. Great to see people's hard work start to pay off. Best wishes and many more successes to you both.

I'm also feeling chuffed as UWA has offered me a scholarship to do an MA in Creative Writing, which I'll most likely upgrade to a PhD at the end of 2008. All this means, of course, is that now I absolutely must finish my novel, so I'd better get writing.

5 comments:

Satima Flavell said...

Carol, I hope you are indeed writing! I am looking forward to reading the product:-)

Carol Ryles said...

Not much writing happened over the 2 weeks over Xmas, but now I'm getting into the swing of things, if only piecemeal. I'm also planning on doing lots of reading as well, so maybe I'll review what I read rather than just list them as I did last year. Maybe. :)

anudhara rolph said...

Hi Carol

Big Congrats on the scholarship - wonderful! Hope you have a great writing year ahead.

Carol Ryles said...

Thank you A. Not much writing happening due to school hols, but we are having fun, so I'm reading heaps and making writing plans and writing a para here and there. But I don't officially start till mid March, but hopefully I'll be writing full time again in Feb

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the congrats! I'm looking forward to meeting Ian and reading your novel. It's shaping up nicely.