Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Reviewing

I'm certainly not a practiced reviewer, but I thought I'd have a go at writing one a couple of times a week. I'm pretty sure there's a handful of friends who are interested in reading and writing as much as I am. Satima? Helen? Sonia? Jessica? Anudhara?

Okay, so I'm blogging my thoughts on people's stories. I'm only going to write about the ones I like at this stage. Plus I'm currently learning about reading fantasy (in the past I've read mostly science fiction), so hopefully this will give me a better understanding. Did I tell you my thesis is about fantasy?

Oh...and if I don't review your story, it doesn't mean I didn't like it. There's way to many stories for me to blog them all, let alone read them :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think reviewing stories is a great idea! It will help you remember the details & themes of stories, why they worked for you, or why they didn't and especially HOW the author did it. To be honest, I'd probably only do it if I had a group deadline to meet... I'm not motivated enough.

Helen V. said...

That's a very good idea. I'll be interested to see what you review. Sonia's comments are interesting too. I've written brief summaries of stories or books for my own interest but I've never thought about the review process as a way to look more deeply into a story but it makes perfect sense now someone has pointed it out.

Satima Flavell said...

Well guys, you know we are always looking for good reviewer over at The Specusphere! (www.specusphere.com)

Carol Ryles said...

If I don't write about stories I read, I forget them all too quickly, even the ones I really like. Feel free to add comments to my reviews if you pick up on something I missed. Hmmm...Specusphere. Right now I'm just going to review short stories because, well, they're shorter. But when i get into reviewing novels, I'll think of specusphere.