Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And While I'm on the Subject of Caves

Back when I scuba dived Piccaninnie Ponds, Mt Gambier, I managed to take a few fuzzy photos underwater. This video from wavesncaves on YouTube brings it all back much more clearly though.



My best dive in Pics was a night dive when the water was so clear it felt like you could see forever. On the way back up again, you'd stop at about 30ft and turn your torch off and look up and see the stars. It felt just like floating in space.

And to think, if I hadn't read Jules Verne's novels, I might not have done this.

5 comments:

Satima Flavell said...

I'll come back and watch this when I have broadbands again, Carol. I'm on dial up at present and it's not worth trying to watch videos. But I'd love to see what's under Piccaninny Ponds. After all, I live not five miles form there but have no intention of going down!

Carol Ryles said...

It was fun at the time, but I don't think I could face the cold water these days. :)

Satima Flavell said...

I doubt if I would've gone down when I was twenty! You must be very brave.

Carol Ryles said...

Not really brave. I had to do a years' worth of training including deep diving and black water diving. By the time I passed the tests, diving in Pics was more like the icing on the cake.

Satima Flavell said...

i still fink ure bwave.