Monday, June 23, 2008

Seattle Week 1

I'm over the jet lag, but the urge to write a story is much greater than the urge to blog. So here's a quick run down of what I've been up to since leaving Perth.

Highlight of the Flight: Seeing snow-capped Mt Fuji from the plane and a minefield of volcanoes on the approach to Seattle.

Awesome People I've spoken to: Vonda N. McIntyre, William Gibson, Paul Park, Gardner Dozois, Nisi Shawl, Connie Willis, Eileen Gunn

Awesome People I've heard speak on panels: Neil Stephenson, Jack Womack, Greg Bear, Charles N Brown plus some of above

Awesome People I've heard speak at the Hall of Fame: Peter Beagle, David Hartwell, Richard Gid Powers and Family, Rod Serling's Family and some of the above.

Awesome News I've heard: The announcement of the Locus Awards for Shaun Tan (for The Arrival ) and Jonathan Strahan (for The New Space Opera ed with Garder Dozois)

Spent lots of hours exploring nearby Seattle, sometimes with a walking stick, sometimes without, depending on how my foot feels at the time.

Finally, here's a picture which I'm sure BJR will love:

4 comments:

Emily Paull said...

Sounds amazing, and I'm betting you're writing some amazing stuff over there!

Helen V. said...

Oh that is awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing about all the rest.

Satima Flavell said...

This going to stick in your memory forever, Carol. Soak it all up and write it all down:-) (My internet access is a bit unpredictable but I'll stay in touch when possible.)

Unknown said...

I'm just gobsmacked! I find myself rendered utterly incoherent, capable only of such insightful commentary as, "No way! No Way! NO WAY!" and similar. What you describe sounds very much like what happens at Worldcons, too, particularly in the "OMG that was Mondo Famous Author Hero X!" Will have to tell you about my embarrassing run-in with Connie Willis sometime. :)

Hmm, and free smells, eh? Such an exciting world! :)

Soak it all up! Can't wait to hear more.